AIS 2019 Hot Topics On the Stage & In the News
If you have been staying up to date on developments as the AIS 2019 agenda has evolved, you know we’ve tried to take a look at the biggest changes, technology and shifts that will impact the automotive market the most in the years to come.
If you still need convincing, here’s a deep dive into why the following topics are top of mind for most in the auto biz, and represented widely across our AIS agenda — including cybersecurity, fintech, digital retailing and more. Also, find out how these current topics will be on spotlight at AIS come July 23-25 in Raleigh, N.C.
The AIS 2019 Early Bird Registration rate is set to go up by $200 on June 7. Register today, and save!
What’s in the news?
- Top concerns from the Association for Financial Professionals fintech survey? In a poll of nearly 400 practitioners, the 2019 survey found that 60 percent cited strategic risk factors such as competitor and industry disruptions as their biggest area of concern, while cybersecurity risk ranked second at 51 percent.
AIS Fintech highlights:
- Discover the latest in auto fintech — one of the fastest growing areas for venture capitalists. Find out where the industry is headed in terms of programming and tech with captive leaders. This conversation will be led by Sharen Mancero, Senior Vice President, Wells Fargo Preferred Capital, and will feature Dinesh Chopra, Chief Strategy Officer, Ally Financial, and more.
- Digital Retailing is one of the hottest technology topics in the auto industry right now. Where does fintech fit in to the online path-to-purchase? Tarry Shebesta, CEO, truPayments, tackles this issue at AIS.
What’s in the News?
- Digital retailing companies like Roadster and more continue to add to the list of automakers for which they provide DR services.
AIS Digital Retailing Highlights
- Separating the Facts from Fiction: Andrew Tai, CEO at MotoIsight, says his goal during his keynote “is to help dealers better understand the wave of change that is already upon us, but also navigate how to take advantage of it.”
- PeteMacInnis, Founder and CEO, eLEND Solutions, will tackle the following question: Is Digital Retailing Promising More Than It Can Deliver?
What’s in the news?
- Connected cars: Sophisticated technologies that promise to produce safer, more fuel-efficient vehicles equipped with consumer-pleasing conveniences are also capable of revealing personal information, such as where a driver’s been, their telephone contact list, how fast they drive and whether they use their seat belts.
AIS Cybersecurity highlights:
- Discover the answers to the most pressing cybersecurity issues that the auto and auto finance industry are facing during a fireside chat with Ryan Bachman, SVP Global Chief Information Security Officer, GM Financial and Bill Zadeits, Chair, Auto Intelligence Summit.
- The possibility of data science and big data are seemingly endless — but with that comes challenges to data privacy. Hear from the experts on the intersection of data privacy at AIS, including leaders from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Co-Author of the California Consumer Privacy Act, Mary Ross.
See the full 2o19 Auto Intelligence Summit agenda here, and check out more offerings that span the above topics and beyond.
Join the @AutoIntelSummit conversation.